After 30 years of building into the lives of young people, Boys Hope Girls Hope needs to build into the physical structures that house the scholars we serve. The Building Hope Initiative is a campaign dedicated to raising funds for the construction of a new home to replace a current 86-year-old house, the repair and renovation of two homes and the ongoing operational needs. The Building Hope Initiative Committee, chaired by Mark Stall, is set to raise $2Million to fund our Building Hope Initiative.
How will the funds be used?
The funds will help BHGH continue to break the cycle of poverty and meet the following vital needs.
New Home Construction
- Construction of a new home to house eight scholars and two house parents. The home will feature a large kitchen, dining and living space with a flexible open floor plan. There will be four scholar bedrooms (two scholars each), two staff bedrooms for house parents and a guest room.
- Separate study workplaces for each scholar and a larger work area for group work.
- Partially finished lower level for scholars’ exercise and entertainment. The home is located on a wooded lot and will include an open air patio for group barbeques and enjoying the outdoors.
Renovation And Repair Of Existing Homes
After many years of being home to 24 active teenagers and their house parents, our homes are in need of structural repair, overall updating and in some cases, significant renovation. This allows us to provide a safer and more comfortable environment for our scholars.
Vehicle Maintenance And Replacement Program
We need reliable transportation for our house parents to take the 24 pre-college scholars to school, medical appointments, extra-curricular activities, home visits and community service projects. Funds for this program will be used for routine maintenance, repairs and the purchase of replacement vehicles when needed.
Financial Flexibility For Unexpected Needs & Preventative Planning
- A building maintenance fund to give us the ability to support a comprehensive maintenance program for our homes.
- A vehicle maintenance and replacement plan.
- A three-month operations reserve fund.
- An endowment fund to assure that we can continue to meet the needs of our scholars.
How To Donate
There are a variety of ways to provide financial support for the Building Hope Initiative.
- Financial pledges (up to 60 months)
- Commemorative gifts to remember loved ones
- Online gifts
- Planned giving and estate options
For additional information, contact Debbie Bowman at DBowman@bhgh.org.